Sunshine Yellow Beauty
Inspired by the launch of the Marc Jacobs Daisy Sunshine I blogged about on here this week, I decided to pull together more beautiful sunny yelllow beauty bits.
How bright and beautiful a colour yellow is, and I defy you to not be cheered up just looking at this sunny lot!
1.This gorgeous yellow nail polish from Chanel, is Giallo Napoli from last year’s Spring Collection, which I blogged about when Chanel hadn’t removed us from their ‘globally approved list’ – and as I actually bought this polish, twice, for myself and a friend, then I figured I could include it here! It’s available at Harvey Nichols, and it’s £22.
2. The OPV Rainbow Splash Palette is amazing if you like bright colours! Just look at them! Atlantis is a canary yellow matte that will brighten up your life! It’s £29, from beautybay.com
3. You don’t have to wear this YSL Vernis A Levres Yellow Amplifier on its own. Phew! Unless you want to. You can, but you can also wear it to give a bright boost to any other lip colour. Itr’s a primary primer. £29 from Harvey Nichols.
4. DAYTOX Vitamin C Serum comes in a sunny bottle, and has been created to provide the skin with an instant glow. It contains 10% Vitamin C,and will tone and rejuvenate the complexion. Use it morning and night, just a few drops gently patted into the face after cleaning. Find it at Waitrose, for £29.
5. The yellow in this Too Faced Pineapple Paradise Strobing Bronzer Highlighter Duo is in the packaging. But the effects create a sunny glow! And…it smells like pineapple! It’s a satin-finish bronzer and strobing shimmer highlighter together in one compact. £25, from toofaced.com
6. Yep, it’s a big banana from Lush! Called, er, The Big Banana! This massage bar contains all sorts of happy mood-inducing ingredients. There’s Hydrating Fair Trade cocoa and shea butters; spicy clove bud oil and refreshing Brazilian orange oil; oodles of fresh, hydrating banana, and heady ylang ylang from a permaculture project in Ghana working to improve soil in a region prone to drought. So you can feel hydrated and massaged and good about yourself all in one. Perfect. It’s £5.95 at Lush stores and online.
7. It’s more gold than yellow, but that’s still sunny right?! This Fenty Beauty Kilawatt Freestyle Highlighter in Trophy Wife can be used wherever you want. Ramp up your glow with a swish on the cheekbones, as a start. It’s £28 and available exclusively at Harvey Nichols.
8.Finally, this made me laugh. I desperately want to try it now! Sol de Janeiro’s cult favourite and award winning Brazilian Bum Bum Cream in Biggie Biggie – that’s a massive tub! Infused with the signature Brazilian Beauty Blend, this limited-edition size comes with a surfboard spatula – how much fun is that?! This cream is rich in Guaraná – Guaraná caffeine helps stimulate circulation and, together with the custom blend of cupuaçu butter, açaí and coconut oil, it helps smoothe and tighten skin. The signature pistachio and salted caramel scent will leave you “cheirosa” (sheh-rō-zah), smelling incredibly delicious – an important part of the Brazilian beauty regimen! £72, at Harvey Nichols.