Let It Glow!
LET IT GLOW! It’s the festive season, so definitely time to crack out the highlighter with the bubbly, and get a glow to rival any angel’s halo!
Highlighting is BIG beauty news – and it’s all about the glow, with an added little bit of sparkle, at this time of year. So, we’ve had a look at some of the best highlighters out there, in all formulas, and picked six of the best.
1. No7 Skin Illuminator, £12.50, Boots This comes in Nude or Bronze, and is an easy liquid highlighter, easy to directly apply, or mix with foundation for an all-over glow.
2. YSL Face Highlighter, £28. Beautiful duo stick that sculpts and highlights, with two shades of blendable metallic shine for cheeks. This is No 1 Light Clash – pale gold contrasts with deep bronze to add depth and light to the cheekbones and everywhere the face naturally catches the light. I love this easy to use product.
3. Clarins Illuminating Sculpting Powder, £21. From the festive collection, this powder can be swept along the cheekbones or across the décolleté, leaving a trace of luminous gold shimmer. Use with fingertips or a brush, for a subtle shimmer and glow.
4. Illamasqua Beyond Veil Primer, £34 A partnership of the intensely moisturising Hydra Veil and the metallic, illuminating Beyond Powder in one. The new unique, light-weight gel formula instantly rehydrates skin to give a natural, glowing finish Contains gardenia florida fruit extract and sodium hyaluronate, and vitamin C.
5. Revlon PhotoReady Sunlit Dream Highlighting Palette, £10.99, Boots. Four micro-shimmer powders in gorgeous highlighting shades to give you that sunny glow in the middle of a Scottish winter. What’s not to love?!
6. Barry M Liquid Chrome Highlighter Drops in At First Light, £6.99, Boots. Cheap and cheerful and effective, these brilliant hightlighter drops brighten the skin and highlight your bone structure, for instant lustre and luminosity. Formulated with striking pearls to reflect light, use on its own for intense highlighting, or add to foundation for an all-over glow.