It’s Valentine’s Day this week. Maybe it’s Galentine’s Day? Or just Thursday. Celebrate it or not, here are some love(ly) scents that might be a nice gift, make a nice gift, or just be a gift to yourself!
1. If you are a fan of the DKNY Be Delicious fragrances, then here’s another! DKNY Be Delicious Mai Tai EDT is part of the Pool Party line just launched. Pretty in pink packaging, this has top notes of pink pepper, cassis, and orange oil, a heart of jasmine sambac, peony and peach, and a base of amber, raspberry and heliotrope. It’s a sparkling, fruity, floral. It’s £38 at Debenhams.
2. Tory Burch Love Relentlessly Fou De Toi EDP is a floral rose scent, inspired by the love affair of Tory’s parents. It has top notes of lychee, blackcurrant, and geranium, a heart of peony, rose absolute Turkish, and muguet, and a dry down of Australian sandalwood, tonka bean and glowing balsam. Priced from £48 at House of Fraser and other stockists.
3. This is my new favourite scent. I was kindly sent a bottle of this new Jo Loves fragrance, called Jo By Jo Loves. It comes in a brilliant red bottle, and has Jo’s favourite note at the top – grapefruit. It also has notes of lime, black pepper and cedarwood, and after hte initial zing upon applicaiton it dries with warmth. I love Pomelo, and this is a nice, deeper, alternative. £70 for 50ml, or £115 for 100ml, available at Jo Loves boutique and joloves.com
4.Rose is at the heart of L’Occitane, and this new Rose EDT is a modern take on a classic. Pink pepper, lychee and raspberry are the opening notes. The heart is Rose Centifolia, and Rose Damascena, with violet leaf absolute. The dry down is patchouli, amber, and white musk. There are three Fragranced Waters sold along with this new Rose EDT. You can blend them to adapt the Rose fragrance. Choose from Burst of Cheerfulness, Burst of Relaxation, and Burst of Vitality. The new EDT is £49, and the Fragranced Waters are £32 each. Available at L’Occitane locations and loccitane.co.uk
5. I wore the original Issey Miyake scent, L’eau d’Issey in my 20s. An aquatic floral, I loved it with its freesia, peony and more florals, but with its woody base . The new scent is Pure Pétale de Nectar, a mix of copper petals, honey pear, sweet rose and sandalwood. It’s out from February, and is £76 for 90ml, from Boots.
6. Michael Kors fragrances can be a little overbearing. It’s the tuberose. But this one – the new Sparkling Blush EDP – doesn’t have that. It’s an oriental floral, with top notes of bergamot, lychee, pear, pink pepper, and cassis, a heart of jasmine, lily, pink frangipani, magnolia, and rose petals. At the base you’ll smell sandalwood, amber, vanilla bean and vetiver. That’s a lot going on, and it’s quite a sweet scent, of course. It’s priced from £29.99, and you will find it in The Perfume Shop.