Are you pool ready? Summer beauty buys!
Love Island. Pool party. Loads of shimmer and shine. We’re in. But not Dr Alex’s sunburn, okay? He really should know better.
Here’s our pick of some of the best summer beauty available this year. Don’t get mugged off!
Keep your body hydrated, moisturised, add a bit of shimmer, keep it cool, and keep it safe in the sun!
1. Hawaiian Tropic Duo Defense sun lotion (SPF15 and SPF30, £14.99, Superdrug) has great UV protecting power, and an anti-pollution layer meaning it’s perfect for holiday and cty life. And it smells absolutely delicious! Infused with mango, guava, papaya and passion fruit.
2. Next Summer Sun Body Oil Shimmer (part of a set with Body Mist, £8) is super shimmery and smells gorgeous thanks to a blend of mandarin, bergamot, coconut, exotic flowers, amber and caramel.
3. Next Paradise Body Lotion (part of a set with Paradise EDP, £14). Deliciously tropical, this scent is citrusy and floral and the body cream has coconutand hibiscus extract. And isn’t that packaging lovely?
4. Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Cooling Spray, £34. Spray this all over for a gorgeous cooling pick-me-up, and enjoy the delightful Eau Fraiche Bronze Goddess scent.
Summer is the perfect time for a little bit of highlighting. Maybe pass on the contour, and don’t use Love Island’s Rosie as inspiration!
1. Mark Glow On by Avon, £5 (currently reduced from £9). This gorgeous gold-coloured illuminator is a musthave on holiday. It’s just lovely, easy to apply, wear alone or over or under mkeup, and all over or in targetted areas.
2. Clarins Limited Edition SOS Primers, £26.50 each. Summer versions of this complexion base, crested to give you that summer glow. Two shades, Bronze and Mocha for different skintones. They give a lovely illumination to summer skin.
3. Erborian Bamboo Matte and Bamboo Glow, £21 each. These primers offer a matte look, or a bit of a glow. Whatever suits your skintype the best. These suit teenage skin best – they were specifically created for the skin of 17-year old Zoe, daughter of the brand’s co-founder.
4. VelvoTan Tropical Fake Tan Mitt, £2.99, Tesco. These mitts are fab. Loads of great designs, and brilliant for tan application.
Summer skin should be bronzed, but be careful with the sun. Fake it if you can, and when you do have a wee bit of a summer glow, then highlight it with some bronzer.
Clarins has a fab Bronzing & Blush Compact for summer – with brilliant flamingo print all over it. It’s £31, and has three matte bronze shades. Matte is on-trend this season, and Dr Hauschka’s Bronzing Powder (£21.60, allbeauty.com) is a lovely translucent, light, sheer bronzer.
Bobbi Brown’s new Limited Edition Bronzing Powder (£30) comes in seven shades, and has a soft, matte finish. Estee Lauder’s gorgeous Bronze Goddess The Summer Look Palette (£45) is a stunning oversized compact with six eyeshadows, a highlighter, and a blusher.
Sparkling perry Lambrini has teamed up with Fake Bake for a tropically good summer offer! If you buy a Limited Edition bottle of Lambrini (from £2, all supermarkets), you get 50% off all Fake Bake products online, and the chance to win one of 1000 prizes from the Fake Bake Amplify Gradual Tanning line (worth £18). And you get a light tipple in the garden!
Being safe in the sun can also be sparkly, thanks to Superdrug Solait Shimmering Oil Spray (£5.99) which will give you SPF20 UVA/UVB protection from the sun, and a gorgeous shimmery sparkle too. This product is being used in the Love Island villa too, so you’re in good company!
Delfy is a new brand to me, available online, and the nail polish bottles are the cutest I’ve seen in a while. The brand has a full range of colour cosmetics, but I can’t see past the brightly coloured Colour Therapy Nail Polish (£12.50 each) – these two shades are Sunshine (yellow) and Summertime (peachy orange). There are 17 shades in total.
Benefit’s Punch Pop in Mango (£15.50) is a bright, bold, punchy orange glossy lip colour with Vitamin E. It’s a brilliant bright shade for summer.