There are a lot of gels and jelly formulas appearing at the moment, none as big a launch as this new Dramatically Different Hydrating Jelly. Dramatically different from the original Dramatically Different Lotion indeed – in that it’s a jelly. And not yellow!
So, why? That was my first question. I’m not sure. Perhaps to add a new dimension to the three-step for younger customers? It’s an oil-free water jelly, for all skin types. It’s BIG on hydration, say Clinique, and also has something called Clean-Shield Technology, which protects against pollution.
I don’t know what Clean-Shield Technology is, but Clinique will explains it:
Clean-Shield Technology: shields skin against pollution while restoring skin’s hydration and building back skin’s protective moisture barrier.
The ingredients in this DD Jelly are:
- Sodium Hyaluronate – an effective humectant in the same family as Hyaluronic Acid, which provides instant moisture, helping to keep skin plump, firm, and comfortable.
- Glycerin – a humectant that attracts water to the skin to restore suppleness, while also forming a barrier against future moisture loss.
- Sucrose – aids in providing hydration and soothing properties.
- Trehalose – this polysaccharide sugar maximizes the skin’s ability to both attract and maintain moisture.
- Moisture Barrier Blend – this barrier building blend of ingredients (Sunflower Seed Cake, Barley Extract, Cucumber Fruit Extract) helps to strengthen the skin’s barrier so that it is more resilient and better able to balance and retain skin’s moisture levels.
- Hydroxyethyl Urea – a potent moisturising agent that diffuses into the stratum corneum to intensely hydrate dry skin, leaving it comfortable and moisturised.
In a nutshell, this is a lightweight jelly, which will hydrate your skin, and protect it from pollutants – everyday environmental aggressors that can damage the moisture barrier.
Clinique use phrases like Natural Moisturizing Fact (NMF) ingredients, which apparently balance the water and lipid balance naturally occuring in the skin. It’s a bit odd, right? This sortof language, but let’s see if the jelly works. I’m waiting on my sample – it’s been held up in the post, but once I have it, I will update this review.
Clinique Dramatically Different Hydrating Jelly, £31, available now from Clinique counters and clinique.co.uk