Roots of Strength from The Body Shop

There’s a lot of ‘lifting and firming’ in the beauty world this year so far – it seems to be the anti-ageing focus for the start of 2018. The Body’s Shop are calling their new Roots of Strength skincare range ‘firming and shaping’, which is essentially the same.

This range has been influenced by ancient traditional Chinese medicine which for centuries has advocated plant roots to look after skin and boost immunity. The new range is infused with three powerful plant roots to help restore your skin’s strength and shape – ginger, ginseng and ruscus root.

Roots are treasured as one of the most effective strengthening, restoring powers of nature. Growing deep underground, they provide plants with essential nutrients. For visible skin results, The Body Shop has  extracted the best of three potent plant roots, to create three new products.

The Products

FIRMING SHAPING ESSENCE LOTION 160ml £17
You use this refreshing essence after cleansing – so it’s effectively the toner, in an old-school cleanse, tone and moisturise routine.  It helps prepare and activate your skin for the benefits of this routine. It combines the freshness of water, with the comfort of a moisturising gel.

FIRMING SHAPING SERUM 30ml £32
This is made with 99% ingredients of natural origins, and The Body Shop say that the other 1% is in there for a reason, so who are we to argue?! This serum is uplifting, and also moisturising. Use in the morning before the moisturiser.

FIRMING SHAPING CREAM 50ml £28
This moisturiser is rich, but it’s not grasy. it has an interesting, spicy scent, and day after day, The Body Shop say your skin will feel firmer, denser and strengthened – and will appear firmer and plumper.

The Roots

GINGER ROOT EXTRACT
• From the verdant plains of Madagascar
• Known for its re-plumping properties
• The Body Shop sustainably sources their ginger root extract from a community of farmers who’ve passed down their traditional farming secrets for generations.

GINSENG ROOT EXTRACT
• From the Jilin province of North East China
• Known for its firming properties
• One of China’s most treasured herbal ingredients, local farmers and farming cooperatives grow and hand-harvest The Body
Shop’s ginseng root in the lowland mountains.

RUSCUS ROOT EXTRACT
• From the wild oak forests of Europe
• Known for its stimulating properties
• Ruscus thrives in the Quercus forests of France, Turkey, Albania and Bulgaria. Local farmers hand-harvest The Body Shop’s
ruscus root.

The Roots of Strength range is available now at The Body Shop stores, and thebodyshop.co.uk