There’s no better beauty statement than a bright red lip! I am a massive red lipstick fan, and if you want to do Valentine’s Day beauty right, make it red!
Here are our top ten fabulous red lips to choose from! Everything from liquid mattes, to matte, to gloss, to chunky pencils, and Charlotte Tilbury’s Lip Cheat Lipliner – there’s red to suit everyone – formula and shade. If you are afraid of red, try something a bit sheer, or a lip stain, before progressing to a full on matte or cream finish. But if you want to be on-trend, choose a liquid matte – there’s no escaping them!
1. Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick in It’s Redding Men, £8.99, Boots – a lovely matte lip that dries to a bare-lip feeling, but with all the boldness of red still there.
2. Buxom Big & Sexy Bold Gel Lipstick in Rogue Red, £15, CultBeauty.com – bright gel formula to give fab one-stroke colour in a satin finish.
3. Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip Liner in Walk of Shame, £16, charlottetilbury.com – there are five new shades of this lipliner, to match existing lip shades, seamlessly and perfectly lining lips.
4. Dior Rouge Liquid Matte in Matte 999, £27.50, House of Fraser – gorgeous Dior red 999 – in a matte liquid formula
5. Bare Minerals Matte Liquid Lipcolor in VIP, £17, bareminerals.co.uk – another orange-red matte that won’t break the bank.
6. Buxom PlumpLine Lip Liner in Code Red, £15, cultbeauty.com – this is a chunky pencil that lines and fills the lips – and also has a handy brush at the other end. This red is a deep true blue red.
7. Diego Dalla Palma in Mattissimo Red, £16, Marks and Spencer – highly pigmented, super matte lipstick in a bold red.
8. Laura Geller Fifty Kisses Liquid Lipstick in Ruby Romance, £17, Debenhams – the clue is in the name, apparently. This stuff lasts through fifty kisses! It’s soft and luscious thanks to apricot butter and almond oil.
9. No7 Stay Perfect Lipstick in Pillarbox Red, £10, Boots – semi satin-matte finish in a brightly pigmented red.
10.Fenty Beauty Stunna Lip Paint in Uncensored, £19, Harvey Nichols – Rihanna loves a red, and this is a red! Sets beautifully on every skin tone, this is a universal red. I am waiting to try this, and am quite excited about it, as I am a red lip connoisseur as you know if you regularly read this blog! I love the retro packaging, and am a big fan of matte liquid lips.