Aveda launched their Invati range six years ago (wow, I’ve been writing about beauty for a LONG time!). The Invati Solutions for Thinning Hair range became the brand’s best-selling global franchise in super-speedy time, putting the spotlight on thinning hair in women.
It’s still a consistent award-winner internationally and EVERY SECOND there are TWO people using an Invati product!
Now, it’s been improved, upgraded and relaunched and it’s the new Invati Advanced Solutions for Thinning Hair range. It’s a three step programme, composed of an Exfoliating Shampoo, Thickening Conditioner, and Scalp Revitalizer that now reduces hair loss due to breakage and instantly thickens the look of hair with a more simplified routine – you use it just once daily, as opposed to twice when launching in 2012.
As with many Aveda products, it’s inspired by Ayurveda, the ancient Indian art of renewal, and it features an invigorating blend of Ayurvedic herbs.
Let’s have a look at the three products individually. I have used the Invati range before, and I used these new products today. I don’t have thinning hair, per se, but my hair is wrecked from over-processing, so it does no harm. I actually loved the shampoo when I wanted to really clean my hair, particularly on holiday, and I do think these products do make your hair seem fuller, with more volume, but the key is in the blow dry – more on that later in this post.
So, the three products:
1.EXFOLIATE: Invati Advanced Exfoliating Shampoo (£25) gently exfoliates, cleans and renews the scalp with wintergreen-derived salicylic acid, removing build-up that can clog pores. The nourishing formula cleanse, and detangels, so it protects from breakage during shampoo.
2.THICKEN: Invati Advanced Thickening Conditioner (£27) instantly thickens the look of hair. It contains naturally derived amino acids mimic hair’s building blocks to help strengthen hair from roots to ends, leaving it looking thicker with a fullness that lasts.
3.ACTIVATE: Invati Advanced Scalp Revitalizer (£47). This product reduces hair loss to help you keep the hair you have for longer. Now, when applied just once daily – compared to twice when first launched – this new invigorating formula features tangerine peel and Japanese knotweed, and it penetrates the surface to help improve the look of thinning hair. When you massage this in, the patented energy ferment, and ingredients including ginseng and certified organic turmeric root invigorte the scalp, whilst certified organic amla leaves the hair looking thicker, with a lift at the root.
Michael Lendon, Aveda’s Advanced Master Creative Director, has these tips for thicker looking hair:
- Try to avoid towel-drying hair too aggressively as this can be destructive to the hair’s cuticles and the outer layer of each strand of hair which can become vulnerable
- Ensure you are avoiding leaving hair to sir dry – thin hair can be prone to drying quicky and it’s important to work to build in volume before it has a chance to dry flat and appear thinner.
- Dry hair on a medium heat and low air speed in sections: lifting from the roots before moving onto the mid-shaft and ends for maximum volume and control
- Opt for thickening highlights – keep your highlights finer through the top of their hair and chunkier underneath to give the illusion of thicker, fullness with extra bulk and depth
- Keep the roots of the hair darker, this helps the hair look more solid at the scalp
The scent of the Invati Advanced range is lovely – a blend of certified organic lavender, rosemary, geranium and other pure flower and plant essences, and as ever with Aveda, the packaging is biodegradable/recyclable/etc.
Aveda Invati Advanced Solutions for Thinning Hair range is available from January, from stockists and salons, and online at aveda.co.uk