Laura Mercier is the latest brand to launch a new foundation – the Flawless Fusion Ultra-Longwear Foundation.
Apparently you can get 15 hours of wear out of this one, and it’s full coverage, but weightless. I have tried it – the shade I had wasn’t the right shade for my skintone, so I didn’t wear it out, so I can’t comment on the 15 hours (would I need 15 hours from it?) but it is a smooth, matte finish, and it does feel weightless.
I did find it a wee bit too matte, and dry for my skin. It’s for all skin types, but it does state ‘especially normal to oily‘, so, if your skin is dry then it’s maybe not the perfect base. It’s oil-free.
When you think of matte bases you tend to think of something heavier, but this really does feel and look light. I like anything that is buildable – it means you can put more or less in the areas you feel need more or less coverage.
This is Laura’s newest fabulous foundation that can be built up to create a flawless coverage, but can also be used minimally to even out the skintone for a perfect complexion. It is easy to use with a wonderful, smooth, matte finish that lasts 15 hours. Who could ask for more!? – Mary Greenwell, Laura Mercier Makeup Collective UK
The key ingredients in this foundation include a high-tech, liquid thin mesh which seals the formula onto place and ensures pigments stay there all day, but feel weightless and comfortable.It contains silky fine powders including Silica to diffuse light, and Smooth Coat Mica to help control oil and blanace the way light hits the skin – creating the smooth appearance, never dull or flat.
It comes in 20 shades – Shell, Creme, Vanilla, Ivory, Ecru, Cashew, Linen, Macadamia, Butterscotch, Dune, Bugg, Honey, Dusk, Golden, Suntan, Maple, Chai, Nutmeg, Pecan and Truffle.
Laura Mercier has some foundation application techniques for you to follow to achieve the most flawless, natural look:
- It’s key to avoid over-applying foundation to the middle of the face—where too much formula can accentuate lines and other imperfections.
- Prep skin with appropriate skincare and primer.
- Apply a small amount of foundation to the back of the hand.
- Pick up a small amount with a narrow end of a sponge. With the loaded side, apply foundation onto face, then turn the sponge to the clean side and blend into skin with a pressing and rolling motion.
- For fuller coverage use a brush, the product sets quickly, so work in small areas and blend as you go. Avoid excess application around eyes or the contours of the face.
- Repeat application until desired coverage is achieved.