It’s October and that means it’s breast cancer awareness month, the month when loads of beauty companies launch lots of ‘pink’ products, and donate to various breast cancer charities.
Estee Lauder started the Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign back in 1992, with the creation of the pink ribbon, the universal symbol for breast health. To-date, The BCA Campaign has raised more than $65 million globally to support research, education and medical services. A majority of these donations—more than $50 million—have funded 200 medical research grants around the world through the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF).
So, to start with, here are nine of the Lauder Companies BCA Campaign products on offer this month.
1 & 2. Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II with Pink Ribbon Pin – 50ml of this amazing nighttime skin treat, comes with the pink ribbon pin. It’s £72, and 20% of the sale price goes to the charity. Estee Lauder Pink Perfection Colour Collection features a three piece Pure Color Envy Eyeshadow Palette, a blusher in Pink Ingenue and a vibrant Pure Color Envy Lipstick in Powerful. It all comes in a cute zipped pink purse. It’s £38, and, again, 20% goes to the charity.
3. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion + Limited Edition comes with a cute charm, and £2 of the £30 price tag goes to the foundation.
4. Bobbi Brown Art Stick Duo (£35) is a lovely duo of one neutral and one bright pink art sticks, Bobbi’s fabulous big lip pencils. Liner and lipsick in one, they’re creamy and light and I love them. Bobbi will donate £5 to the BCRF from each sale.
5. Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask Limited Edition (£24) is the BCA Campaign offering from one of my fave brands, and this is one of their best products. I love it. Avocado and Apricot Kernel Oil instantly quence skin with lots of moisture and Japanese Seaweed helps repair the skin’s barrier to prevent future moisture loss. I fully recommend this for winter skincare. Origins will donate £4 of the price to the BCRF.
6. Bumble + Bumble Pret A Powder (£22) is an iconic product, and comes with a limited editon pink cap for the BCA Campaign month. Created in 1999, this stuff transformed the lives of infrequent hair washers and volume seekers with this fabulous powder dry shampoo. Sprinkle on the roots and create instant lift as well. B+B will give £5 from all sales.
7. La Mer Lip Balm (£45) has been redesigned with pink accents for BCA month, and £9 from each sale will be donated. This luxury lip balm is great for overnight lip care, thanks to the nutrient rich broth found in it,
8. Jo Malone London Red Roses (£86, 100ml) is perfect for the BCA Campaign. This lovely scent is pink. JML will donate £20 from each sale.
9. Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water (£20) is a light primer in a spritz, perfect for waking up skin and restoring moisture. So, benefit your skin, and the BCA Campaign charity by choosing this. Smashbox will donate £4 from each sale.
Check out the blog tomorrow for more Breast Cancer products from other brands.