I love a multi-purpose product. Especially in the summer, or on holiday. Let’s be honest, there are probably plenty of us who have used a bit of lipstick on our cheeks at some point, yeah? But there are actual multi-purpose products out there, mostly for lips and cheeks, that are perfect for slinging in our bag when we’re on the go.
So, I’ve had a wee look at six multi-purpose products that I think you will like.
1. Illamasqua Gel Colour, £22, illamasqua.com. Launched earlier this year, these gel colours are brilliantly pigmented, but totally sheer. I love them. They slide on easily, adding a fresh flush to the cheeks. And they are SO cool on the skin. Beach perfect! They just give you that pinched-cheek, rosy-cheeked glow. You can also dab a bit on lips, for a stain. Perfect! Two shades to choose from.
2. Tom Ford Eye & Cheek Shadow, £48, Tom Ford counters. For the eyes and cheeks, these gorgeous new ombre shadows from Tom Ford, out next month, are silky, buildable, and just lovely. There are four to choose from: Bronze Ombre, Peach Ombre, Pink Ombre, and Plum Ombre. I love the peach shade – a great eye base, and a subtle colour pop on the cheeks. They also all come with their own little – and very good – brush.
3. Smashbox LA Lights Blendable Lip + Cheek Color, £25, smashbox.co.uk, Boots. Launched just a month or two ago, these chunky sticks from Smashbox were inspired by the lights of LA – and promise to give you that west coast glow. There are five shades to choose from. Each one works for cheeks and lips, and there is a big blending puff at the other end of the stick.
4. Boots Seventeeen Cheek & Lip Stain, £4.99, Boots. Perfect for on the plane, or down the beach, this bargain beauty comes in two shades, a pink and a coral, and is a gel tint with decent pay-off in terms of pigment for the price. Great for festivals, and also great for teenagers.
5. MAC Casual Colour, £18.50, maccosmetics.co.uk. This little pot of colour- and there are 11 shades to choose from – is lovely, filled with Vitamin E to keep it from being too drying, and the colour pay-off is nice. Use on your cheeks, and your lips, when you want easy, quick colour.
6. Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge, £19.50, bobbibrown.co.uk. Original and the best, Bobbi’s Pot Rouge is a best-seller for her, and no wonder. It gives fantastic colour, and has a brilliant mirror in the lid, so you can just dab it on wherever you are, and no-one will probably even notice! Try the lovely new Limited Edition coral shade Maui, while you can